We Respect and Keep Your Data Safe
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) protects your personal data while enabling organisations to use your data reasonably to serve you. We, as a registered TCM clinic, respect and keep your data safe by:
- limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and the supporting internal processes,
- conducting regular checks to ensure only authorised persons have accessed your data, and
- removing details that identify you when using your data for internal purposes as far as possible.
The data requested from you may include the following:
- Your personal information such as your name, gender, data of birth, NRIC, passport or other personally identifiable number;
- Your contact information such as your telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses; and
- Your credit or debit card information, shipping and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date.
- Certain Personal Data particularly relating to your personal information, contact information and past medical history are required for specific services.
The above information collected will be only by us to provide our service to you, including but not limited to appointment making and confirmation, serving you whilst in our clinic, answering of your queries, and to facilitate payment of your products and services. Whilst you may choose to withhold certain information keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of our services if we do not have the information.
In cases where the knowledge of the illness was already public (as with prior articles) we have used real names. In cases where there was no prior public knowledge, or when patients requested privacy, we have used a false name, and deliberately confounded identities and altered some contexts and diagnoses to make it difficult to track them. However, these are real patients and real encounters. We urge all our readers to respect their identities and boundaries. Some situations, tests, and trials have also been changed to maintain the anonymity of patients and doctors.
You have our full assurance that your personal data will never be disclosed to any third party unless where permitted by applicable local law, and required by law. For any questions that you may have on this matter, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on 8 March 2021